Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weary In Athens


We had a busy morning in Santorini seeing the final things we hadn't already seen. That included a climbing and walking tour of Ancient Thira. That is the ruins of the ancient capital dating back to 500BC. It was way way up at the tallest point on the island. Driving to it was treacherous. From that spot we had to hike up to the site. Any other fat old woman such as myself should be about dead right now. Fortunately I survived to almost die climbing up to the highest point in Athens. I think Ricky is trying to do away with me here at the last. Anyway I am very weary and tomorrow the prospect is no better. I have to climb up the Acropolis. I guess they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I should feel real strong right now. Instead I'm going to bed and will give you a thorough entry when I have hours to kill in the Budapest airport Tuesday morning. By the way on our last morning in Santorini we found the best beach there. It was helped by very high winds and huge waves. It was a good thing we were scheduled to fly to Athens because the boats were grounded from leaving the island because of the high winds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Mel! I can't wait for the scrap book. Miss you. Kathleen

Anonymous said...

You better come back alive!